About Dr. Prasad and Earsite
Dr. Sanjay Prasad, MD FACS
Dr. Sanjay Prasad, MD FACS is a surgeon and physician with more than twenty years of experience specializing in Otology and Neurotology. He has published numerous articles and book chapters and has spoken on many occasions at both national and international scientific meetings on multiple topics within Neurotology and skull base surgery. Dr. Prasad is also a clinical assistant professor at both Georgetown University Hospital and George Washington University Hospital.
Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology, Dr. Prasad has subspecialty certification in Neurotology, advanced head and neck oncologic surgery and cranial base surgery. Dr. Prasad is chief surgeon and founder of the private practice, Metropolitan NeuroEar Group, located in the metropolitan Washington D.C. The practice is limited to Otology, Neurotology and head & neck cranial base surgery. All surgical procedures are performed at Tower Oaks Surgery Center or Johns Hopkins and NIH-affiliated Suburban Hospital located in Bethesda, MD.
- 1981 B.S. University of Maryland, Biochemistry, with magna cum laude honors
- 1985 M.D. University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD
- 1985-1986 Internship, General Surgery, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- 1987-1990 Residency, Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington D.C.
- 1990 Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery
- 1990-1991 Advanced Fellowship Training, Otology and Neurotology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- 1991-1992 Advanced Fellowship Training, Advanced Head & Neck Oncologic (Skull Base) Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- 1991-1992 Advanced Fellowship Training, Advanced Skull Base Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
Metropolitan NeuroEar Group is located in the metro Washington D.C. area with offices at the following locations:
3023 Hamaker Court
Fairfax, VA 22031
Metropolitan NeuroEar Group
The Tower Building
1101 Wootton Parkway
Rockville, MD 20852
Earsite educates patients about Neurotology and Otolology and its' associated conditions, diseases, and treatment options. Dr. Prasad's continued work with The Neurotology Research Center empowers patients about their disorder, so they may better understand the disease process and better manage the "unknown". Dr. Prasad believes that an educated patient is better able to handle the physical and psychological aspects of their disorder.